The 50th Birthday Gift: Elder Wisdom!

One of the best things about writing a book is hearing from readers – it just never gets old. A little while ago, I received a message from Karen. Here’s what she said:

I am married to a wonderful man named Brian.  Brian is the type of guy  who will get up out of bed when he is off, on a freezing Feb. morning to start my car because I have a 7:30 a.m. meeting an hour away, or stop to help old ladies who are having car trouble. He is pretty special; he is also turning 50 this March. When we first got married and thought about milestones like this. Paris was our mindset, but now with kids and mortgages and bills that is on the 60th celebration agenda. Anyway, I found your books, and I think they are going to make a special gift for him and I was wondering if you would be willing to sign them! I was just hoping to make it extra special.  I appreciate your time.

Well, of course the answer was yes (as it is, by the way, to any reader who would like books signed). This time felt special to me, because 30 Lessons for Loving was written for couples just like Karen and Brian, who are making their way to a long and happy marriage in a complicated and difficult world. It sounds like they would have many of their own lessons to share!

Here they are with the book (both books, actually)! And may the Paris trip become a reality sooner rather than later!

fiftieth birthday surprise