Best Books of 2012 – 30 Lessons for Living Is on the Lists!

The excitement about 30 Lessons for Living: Tried and True Advice from the Wisest Americans keeps spreading. At the Legacy Project, we hope this means people are waking up to the value of elder wisdom and how it can change our lives for the better.

One great sign: It’s an honor to report that 30 Lessons has been receiving “best book” recognition over the past few weeks:

Bloomberg News, Best Books of 2012: In the words of the reviewer:  “30 Lessons for Living: Tried and True Advice From the Wisest Americans by Karl Pillemer reminds us of what’s important in life. Superbly written.”

Rhode Island Bookstores, Best Gift Books of 2012.

Next Avenue’s Best Books to Boost Your Career. As the reviewer puts it: ” After reading [the book], I bet you’ll rethink your career and how you’ll want to work in the future.”

3 thoughts on “Best Books of 2012 – 30 Lessons for Living Is on the Lists!

1. Hi folks. I listened with joy the interview and stories that were part of CBC Tapestry in Canada this past Sunday. What a wonderful, joyful talk. Thank you. As the stories and interview aired I thought how much my Mom would enjoy this book. But sadly I see it’s only available as an e-reader. My Mom has gone blind (age 79 with glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration) and loves books and being able to hear them. I told her tonight about this book and reminded her (she was feeling somewhat down) of what she has lived thru – the Second World War, the Korean War, loss of her Father at 13, the Cuban Missile Crisis when thought was world was coming to an end, giving birth to 6 kids – 3 before universal health care in Canada when she and my Dad didn’t always have the money to pay for the birth of a child despite saving up money; outliving her husband, brothers, etc. This is all to say, I loved the Tapestry interview and wonder, will the book be turned into a “read” book for blind folks like my Mom. She could surely use it. Thanks for letting me run on.

Grant

2. hi GRANT!!–have you heard of Audible.com?? i get books there to LISTEN to all the time–i can hear it on my computer or my iphone—if your Mom has access to either-you CAN get this book—i absolutely love having my books read to me as i go about my day—it’s wonderful—here is a link to Karl’s book—http://www.audible.com/search/ref=ftx_top_nav_search_1

3. oooops!!! that link just leads you to all sorts of books–JUST DO A SEARCH of Karl’s name or the book name and it will show up!